What Is Extreme Ownership?
Leadership Principles That WOrk
There is no one else to blame; you must own problems along with solutions; commit to lead up and down the chain of command
The Laws of Combat are four key lessons learned on the battlefield. These principles empower everyone in your organization to communicate effectively, delegate without ego, how to mutually support each other, and identify the most valuable and effective use of their time.
Cover And Move
Teamwork is the key to success. You will fail if you’re not aligned and mutually supporting each other.
Leaders tend to overcomplicate their plans and communication, leading to confusion, chaos, and bottlenecks.
Prioritize and Execute
There’s only so much time and so many resources. Are you utilizing them to their fullest or losing a war of attrition?
Everything you know about leading is wrong. Learn how empowering your people leads to success.
MINDSETS FOR VICTORY
- Move fast – Seize initiative
- Take the fight to the enemy
HUMILITY: CHECK YOUR EGO
- Must self assess – otherwise you can’t get better
- Ego is the #1 killer in combat, in business, and in life
INNOVATE AND ADAPT
- The battlefield changes, the enemy adjusts, new tactics emerge
- Technology evolves – you have to stay ahead of your competition
DISCIPLINE = FREEDOM
- Being disciplined with high standards leads to freedom:
- Flexibility, agility, and speed of action
This book explains the SEAL leadership concepts crucial to accomplishing the most difficult missions in combat and how to apply them to any group, team, or organization. It provides the reader with Jocko and Leif’s formula for success: the mindset and guiding principles that enable SEAL combat units to achieve extraordinary results. It demonstrates how to apply these directly to business and life to likewise achieve victory.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.